View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2002, 20:19 (Ref:269776)   #11
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it's interesting you guys mention the record books coz imagine how it must look when you see a guys name 6 seconds clear of the fella that qualified second ???!! It probably helped cement Blundell's career because if he didn't get poll it was really a disappointing year at LeMans for Nissan (as was every year).

About the BMW engine... I dont know if the McLaren F1 and BMW LMR engine are exactly the same... Ayseadsi, do you know?

The Mac actually has a low safe limit for normal use (apparently? of around 6.5K RPM. But in BMW magazine the guy who built the engine says it's capable of nearabouts 850BHP at a "significantly higher rev range" {I'll get quotes in a minute, I'm just watching Manchester United play Bayern Leverkusen.] I think he's talking +9000. I'll try some torque/horsepower modelling to check.

Anyone got BMW magazine start looking for the years when the LMR raced and there will be info. For some strange reason they give out lots of info thatother manufactures don't.

I guess I'd boast about the McLaren being capable of 850bhp too.

Imagine #1. So if it does 391KM/h with 627bhp what happens when you get 850? and weigh only 915kgs in 1997 spec? I have to swear a lot just thinking bout it!!!!

Imagine #2. So imagine you've got the restricted 1997 car in the ALMS or at LeMans - with diffusers!!!! Bye-Bye Saleen Bye-Bye!