View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2012, 01:13 (Ref:3167684)   #146
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
I think it's fair to say that the new car price is too cheap because of price cap rather than upgrade kit is too expensive.
The business model of GT3 seems to be sale of an upgrade kit.
Yeah the price cap would bite into the profit margins so the upgrades would have to be the money spinners, no doubt helped by every man and his dog bringing out upgrades every year, its a vicious cycle.

Although I cant help but be reminded of an interview with Ron Dennis I think it was who said that they werent making any money off the GT3 car, whether he meant as a whole or just the car without the upgrades is open to interpretation. Although I could not imagine McLaren not making money out of gentlemen racers. the F1 GTR programme was supposed to make more money then the roadcars themselves.