View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3749481)   #29
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that if someone follows F4 (or R2.0), F3 then F2 they could be ready for F1. I wouldn't say the gaps are too big. If you have to go F4, F3, another formula and then F2 those without a budget have no chance as oppose to some. IndyCar has 3 lower tiers and that works well. It also helps they actually give tests and scholarships to the champions. Only European F3 gives money to drivers (€100,000) but a F2 budget about €0.75-1.5 million. F1 should copy IndyCar closer not MotoGP. F4 should cover all regions and be for those with the smallest of budgets with scholarships for some F4 champions. F3 should have multiple championships but not in the same regions (eg an Asian and Americas as well). Then top F3 drivers are given a near free pass into F2. I also agree with keeping engine competition with an aim to lower costs not improve performance.

The problem for GP3 is that F3 is in the same area, is cheaper, gives drivers more track time and has just as good a status. More have come through Euro F3 than GP3 since 2012 (7-3). When GP3 becomes World F3 it must effectively be what European F3 is now, a low(ish) cost championship that helps drivers grow for F2 and F1. Otherwise Berger will create the euro-series and take numbers away from both.

I think that F2 should be the top junior championship. The new world F3 and other continental F3 could be next best with F4/R2.0 below that. (Apologies for the length and not sticking to F3)