View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3686029)   #18
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not even 30 years old, and I've felt that way the past 5 or 6 years at least, pretty much across all motorsports. I had sworn off NASCAR after '06 and my enjoyment has been going slowly downhill ever since, but especially the last 5-6 years where I feel that people in motorsports have been making changes for the sake of making changes, throwing crap at a wall, and seeing if it sticks.

Not to mention that I've battled depression my whole adult life, in fact longer than that (since junior high school), have been trying to do stuff for my family, dealing with my grandmother having dementia the past few years, and feeling like my life wasn't being fulfilled. At least now I've started hanging out with high school friends and I'm also in therapy.

I've just also been having a big rose tinted glasses time the past couple of years, seeing the rise of budgets and the tech that drives them. Even 2013 seems like a simpler time compared to now. Maybe in hindsight I should've scaled back then.

Last edited by chernaudi; 6 Nov 2016 at 19:01.