View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3686434)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is fascinating reading the comments on this thread.

So many fans are utterly single minded when it comes to racing, as if watching another series is actually getting "out there", or going to another track!

I do wonder why more fans don't go and watch something out of the ordinary.

It is clear that most of you have a passion for motorsport, you wouldn't be here or watch sports cars if you didn't.

But it is also clear that a lot of big series are stale dominated by one team or car, low in numbers, too safe, too clinical. And that is switching off some fans.

That happened to me when I was about 25, so I went from one extreme to the other, started at the bottom and made myself go and watch anything, some of it was rubbish, but some of it hooked me in. SO now I am in the position where most weekends if I can be arsed to drive I can probably think of 10 or more things to attend, all different disciplines. Some international, some local, some club, some big.

I never understand why more fans don't do this, if you do, and nothing comes close to watching a 6 hour endurance race, or an F1 GP or NASCAR race then fair play to you. You can rightly feel miffed and give it up.

But don't give up on motorsport until you have watched everything there is to offer. If you do, you are simply not doing yourself or racing as a whole justice. And are perhaps a little narrow minded sorry to say.