View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3738765)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
BTCC hasn't generated a TV audience in the millions for decades. These days they average about 150k for the length of the broadcast with peaks of 300k.

Online is the future and where all niche sport will be eventually. TV is dead. I don't know anyone under 25 who watches TV in the traditional sense anymore.
I've been beating that drum for years mate. The end of TV as we know it is coming. It'll adapt to on demand and streaming. You only need to look at gaming streams getting numbers of 50,000+ to see that. That's how the younger generation are consuming media now.

Granted for the older generations, it isn't as obvious to search for it on YouTube as it is to load up the TV planner and see what's on. That's going against an entire life time of habit. But to the younger generation, that's the natural way of finding content. An event is on? Get on YouTube and Google, see where they can watch it.

My kids literally never watch TV programs from a TV Channel. But they'll get on YouTube and watch live streams of gaming, cartoons (for the younger one), and sport. That's the future, whether we like it or not.