View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3752760)   #13
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well then explain to me how you're going to prevent track limits abuse unless you make the punishment severe for taking liberties and take it out of the hands of the officials?

Personally I think designing huge asphalt run off areas and not expecting it to happen is laziness on the part of the FIA and others. To me, the solution is simple. Either put some low grip surface where you mark the track limits, or look at how NA Grade 2 tracks do things. You don't see a lot of track limits abuse on NA tracks, because if you take your liberties, the track can, and sometimes does, retaliate.

And we do have to remember that not all track limits abuse gets called and race directors and officials waste their time on it when there's probably other things they can or even need to pay attention to.

To me, it should be like curbs in the rain--there's a reason why drivers usually don't run on them. And as we've seen, you can't expect the drivers to mind limits without some penalty, as when they see one do it and get away with it, they'll try it too. And we all know that when race directors give drivers an inch, they'll take a mile.