View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3767839)   #14
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I was very lucky to be able to see the inaugural race of this in the flesh...

It may not have been a huge amount of entries in among a few barely "historic" cars but oh my goodness it was worth it!

Martin Shorts Dallara Judd was fantastic, hearing the Judd GV4 screaming it's way down the hill, through Eau rouge, over Radillion and up the straight was fantastic

The Lola Aston Martin still looked and sounded very sweet, so glad it's back on track in anger. The distinctive exhaust is spine tingling!

A Ferrari 333sp made a brief couple of laps but it was awesome to see and hear it on track having not appeared on the provisional entry list

The 550 and 575 GT1's brought back so many memories of the FIA GT in it's heyday, the Dodge Viper GTS-R looked very tidy as well.

The Audi R8 wasn't the fastest car on track (probably because of the brief shower at the start) but looked immaculate and hope it makes more appearances over here.

Whilst not a huge fan of diesels the 908 looked very good as well, Minassian easily the fastest car on track (unsurprisingly) probably would have won if not for the shower.

The 2007 Pescarolo looked very nice as well, great to see some other older cars like the Pilbeam as well that I missed out on seeing in period.

Nice mix of other GT cars as well, even the blue Morgan from many years ago!

The Oreca 03's were perhaps a bit too modern per say but at least they put on a good show for the win. Hopefully this doesn't discourage other people from entering though.

In the Paddock was another Peugeot 908, a 2008 Creation and a 2004 Nasamax. Had a brief chat with one of the Masters Historic personnel and they are hopeful that this will entice some of the many cars hidden away to come and play.

Will post a few brief clips if I get a chance!