View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2725105)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think that there are possibly only 3 drivers who are at the top of theiir game at the moment:

Hamilton, Kubica, Webber (even allowing for that Kovy ram)

Hamilton is driving with superlative pace on one lap and a whole race and with steely determination as well as using his brain.

Kubica is taking the Renault further forward than one could imagine and perhaps removing that tag he had garnered of being a whinger and inflexible to engineer. He is quick almost everywhere now and beating teams he shouldn't be.

Webber has driven to 3 brilliant wins this season as well finishing strongly in a number of other rounds, and I think is most likely to win the title.

Of the others:
Alonso is still I think potentially the overall best but seems to have gone a bit blip blip crazy as Ayrton used to say. He is ragged in the extreme but he still has time to come back strongly.....

Vettel is too busy trying to beat Webber and in doing so is beating himself.

Button can't qualify as well as his chief rivals but isn't far off them over a race.