Thread: 2015 Moto GP...
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3099432)   #22
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Been a long time since a rider with a satelite bike won a race.
Yeah but its been a long time since anyone looked like winning on a Ducati.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I would have no issue with Cal going to Ducati, I dont think it would necessairily harm him hugely if he was on Nickys pace he would show that he is doing about the same as Rossi, Melandri, Checa, Gibernau, Capirossi, and that isnt bad company.

PLus he would get a hefty pay cheque, and stil be likely to drop into WSB on a good bike if it all doesnt work out.

In my mind he has proved a lot this year, Smith is no way ready to move up amnd that whole deal stinks of a footblall type contract that is binding relative to no results or form.

I dont doubt thet Brad is talented but so far this year has proved very little and should really be a little embarassed about the whole deal really
Oh yeah there's loads of perfectly valid reasons to go to Ducati, and you've named them, but with the graveyard that Ducati has been for riders in the past it would be a risky move. The guys you named were all world champions and race winners but how many of them would view the move to Ducati (in the 800 era not Capirex in 03) as a positive move that didn't effectively end their premier class careers?