View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3601893)   #20
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Iceman13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Szisz for picking me as a winner! ...and sorry it took this long for me to reply. So here's the next challenge:

Kymi Ring is a 4.7km long motorsports facility being built near Kouvola, Finland. It has been designed to host every possible series, excluding F1. (they even have a preliminary contract for hosting MotoGP event in 2017)

However to me it looks like the layout is so tight and twisty for the most part that it would be a real pain to navigate with a heavy GT car for example. So your task is to make the track less mickey-mousey and more flowing and raceable with the following criteria:

-track lenght has to still be in the same region (about 4.5km minimum, but can be made longer)
-pits should stay in the same place
-the small tracks in the infield area can be moved, but they still should have space to be built (preferably in the infield)
-the less buildings need to be moved, the better
-integrating a rallycross track to the new design in a similiar way is a big plus, but not an absolute necessity

You have completely free hands in any other way, and I'm looking forwards to what you can cook up from this.
Attached Thumbnails
1218-Kymiring-master-plan-1400x800.jpg