View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3611200)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBev View Post
Looking for some help from the forum.

We know both cars ran all the races on chunky little red Minilites.
But we also know they weren't homologated by Toyota, and at the moment my MSA inspector for the HTP says we can't use them unless we can find a set of the rules for the Championship allowing their use.
Mark
Mark, I'm interpreting the above as saying that you can't use the wheels on an HTP application, not that you wouldn't be able to race on them.

If that is all that is different to the homologation, could you not fit correct wheels for the HTP? Looking beyond that, I would be surprised if any race series organiser turned the car away because you run the historically correct wheels, even if different to the homologated ones. Motor Racing Legends, for instance, now seem to be aware of the complications surrounding BSCC regs.

Another thought regarding the search for said Regulations- the RAC Club in Pall Mall has the most comprehensive racing / motoring archive and library of anywhere. I'm wondering if they could be lurking there?