View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1697866)   #37
captain crunch
Racer

captain crunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would make sense, I wondered why the A3 cars (remember them?) weren't just called A2GP. I remember reading on these forums quite a while back that the original plan had been to introduce a new A1GP car after a couple of seasons and downgrade the current cars to A2GP. Would have been a bit silly to throw some inexperienced drivers from the less motorsport-savvy nations into machines as powerful as that, so perhaps the tamer original A1 car would be a better choice. With a few years development behind them, a move into something more potent should be reasonable.

Maybe if A1 is oversubscribed with entries in the coming seasons we might see a promotion-relegation system between A1 with the new cars and A2 with the current ones. Would be less of a problem than for other series since the cars are all owned by the series itself. Not that the world really needs another open-wheel roadracing series, but its an interesting thought nonetheless. Hmm, I wonder if the new car would be oval-friendly....might throw a large spanner into the NA open wheel works..