Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2800057)   #133
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Now the snow's melted I found my winter project again, wondered what the lump was in the drive. Being the proprietor of Kerbside Racing does have its problems, when the temperature falls so does the motivation....

Mike I see why you're rewiring your 924. I took a handful of wires out, it still looks like spaghetti, and now it won't start. Heigh-ho.
Bad enough in the workshop let alone in the driveway!

The only original bits left of my 924 loom are the rear end lighting bit and the ignition mudule wiring. The latter has ballast wire for coil so need to keep that intact- apparantly the Bosch electronic ignition doesn't like any other coil setup. Although car was already a racer the more I looked at wiring the more I disliked it. Eventually decided to start again!

Re your non start- Injection has cold start air bleed and extra injector that are wired in. Maybe you have disturbed that. Also coil has voltage boost while cranking. Or maybe car doesn't like being under 2ft of snow...

Have been lying on back under dashboard sorting out bits and pieces today. Glad that's over. Now need to get engine in to finish off all the underbonnet stuff.