View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2010, 03:36 (Ref:2731568)   #159
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Currently traction control is allowed but only by cutting the engine (rule 1.10.4). ABS or engine braking on the other hand are prohibited (rule 12.4).
bad rules...really... "fait divers" to justify doing nothing... traction control already happens to an extent with electronic controllable differentials... ABS actually many pilots don't like them because they tend to lengthen brake distances, tires have so much grip that is preferable to leave a mark in the tarmac... the engine always brake, unless you clutch them ofline anytime the foot gets off the accelerator.

Quote:
It only talks about recovery of energy in corners (= driver aid during braking). Release of energy in corners (= driver aid during acceleration) is no regulated. So probably it will be allowed.
No words... i'm baffled with ACO... i don't know how they will manage this

If its possible during the brake before a corner/curve, but no during a corner/curve, is it when the driving wheel turns it gets the recovery system shut off ?? ... or how are they going to impose this ?? ... what about when a driver quick changes lane, because of retards and has to brake ?? ... what else ??

To me it seems that they should abolish hybrids, because if recovery is not allowed during braking for corner/curves, it eliminates the most single more efficient way of energy recuperation.

It seems that they don't want hybrids... CLEARLY... ANOTHER PROPAGANDA... a mental diarrhea...

1) any kind of energy recovery is allowed etc ( the mantra)

2) Only store electric and mechanical( leaves out the most efficient of all - hydraulic)... so they don't want hydraulic, transporting to our streets hydro-mechanical IVT transmissions and ~20% fuel saving in day by day

3) NO efficient way of energy recuperation is allowed...that is, nothing during braking... for corner/curves ???... but why in the hell would anyone brake in a race if not for a corner/curve !?... so no brake recuperation.

Someone please post the insults.. thank you!

Quote:
In fact David Floury of Oreca already made the following comment:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-4623.html
4WD could be a good innovation

After considering all this, i wouldn't be surprised if Audi R18 has no hybrid system at all, but has 4WD... hybrid is marketing only... pure marketose... with this rules.

Last edited by hcl123; 24 Jul 2010 at 03:51.