View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2017, 02:37 (Ref:3708546)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I have been reading through the numerous changes that the IDIOT, Brian France and him equally IDIOTIC group are going to put into place for this upcoming season and I have to say that I see no reason to be optimistic! Since he took over, his changes have driven the sport farther and farther away from what it is suppose to be and he has alienated many old time, grassroots fans! The B.S. practice session-style qualification system and the final 10 race of the season FARCE of selecting a champion have come very close to being the "straw that broke the camel's back" for me! All of this NON-SENSE that they will put into place this season, breaking up races into individual segiments and the rest of this lunacy, just might be what finally drives this once, lifetime fan away for good!

This leaves me in a serious dilemma. I have been a NASCAR (and other stock car series) fan, for practically my entire life. I know little else, and care for very little else, outside of stock car racing! Now, NASCAR, through it's completely INEPT leader and his crew are taking the sport completely away from me! My problem is, as a racing fan, I have nowhere else to go. ARCA would be good, but it is extremely difficult to follow. Most of their races are shown on minor networks that do not get into most homes and besides, with today's ARCA, as goes NASCAR, sooner or later, so goes ARCA. USAC folded their stock car division YEARS ago. There is not another major stock car racing series in existence. As for the local short tracks, well, as we have discussed, there are no longer any paved track, that run late model stock cars in North Georgia. Dirt track racing and late models are okay, but they just don't appeal to me like paved track racing does and it is GONE! I like drag racing, but major league drag racing (NHRA) only comes around these parts about once a year and the TV coverage is usually on at bad times for me. So there it is, there is really no where else for me to go. I've got no interest in other forms of racing. DO NOT like sportcars and/or road-racing. NO interest in formula cars and I absolutely HATE those things that run in Indiana, around Memorial Day weekend! So for me, this could very well be the end of the line, as a racing fan. Sad, when an organization's head does things that so anger and alienate their loyal, longtime fanbase, that they leave. Especially when one of those fans is someone, like myself, that had been a loyal, diehard, hardcore fan for 58 of the 63 years of his life! I don't know whatelse I can say, except that this is a VERY SAD day!
I have been and always will be a "motor racing" fan, in that I've never really had a single focus in racing. I like it all but have only recently hit the drags. Love the NHRA in person. The highlight shows are okay, but like you, I didn't think there was a more fun series and set of drivers to follow for a full season and 30 plus races than the Cup series. It was ruined for already me but this is more dirt over the coffin.

Try to come to the Mitty at Road ATL in April. You could walk the paddock and check out a wide variety of machines and get really close track side. It's grass roots for the most part - there's some serious set ups for those "Indy Types" and some of the others. Sure it's not a "series" so to speak, but it's cool cars and good fun. There's usually about a half dozen stock cars and watching them down the back stretch is okay in my book.

Regardless, hope you find something to get some racing enjoyment.