View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3726136)   #72
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'm taking schedules and contracts into account and that's why I think there won't be loads of drivers crossing over, just 2 or 3. We're sort of seeing that happen already, though to a limited extent with a some IndyCar drivers participating at the Daytona 24 hrs and Le Mans.

Well, maybe Honda have just got a little bit excited, as they have won the first 2 rounds of this years IndyCar series and a Honda driver is leading the championship? So they went for the big one with Alonso.
In comparison, it's relatively easy to get some entered into Daytona and perhaps Sebring. Over the years, many "national" touring series drivers have headed south for the winter and early spring.

Drivers have grown up watching and knowing many disciplines of motoring and yearn to go fast in anything they can, which is fantastic. I just don't see series assisting in the process that much and being an F1 driver would really complicate things more, which makes this one that much more unique and fantastic!

And more power to Alonso and Honda. It's awesome and I'll try to stay on the bright side of life!