View Single Post
Old 27 May 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3736528)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Buying the wets seemed to have worked - only a few spots of rain today, although overcast in the afternoon making it somewhat cooler, thankfully.

Almost dead last in qualy - first time on the International circuit and only second time in the car in a year being chief excuses, plus the fact that everyon else has got a lot more power since we last raced with CSCC Future Classics.

Come the race my race partner, whose car it is, got a bit carried away with passing several cars away from the start, and proceeded to spin twice. We also had a longish pitstop when I failed to get one shoulder strap over the HANS, but I then managed to get progressively quicker despite spending half my time keeping out of the way of the seriously quick cars (Tuscans, 928, 911 Turbos, etc, and ended up with a quickest lap almost 5 seconds quicker than my mate......this may not have been tactful.......but we've known each other a long time.

Swinging Sixties seemd to have a good pair of races, despite a Morgan rather unnecessarily tipping a Camaro into a spin into the kitty litter at Club, bringing out the Safety car, though a number of cars in each of the races today seemed to succumb to the heat and what is a pretty quick circuit.

Another day's racing tomorrow - hope the weather holds for them.......

Incidentally I met a guy that some may know - Bob Ridgard - used to pedal an Alfetta GTV very successfully back in the 90s - he's now 74, and had been undergoing chemo for the last 7 years (!) but had been prevailed upon to come and co-drive a Dolly Sprint - sadly it expired in the race before he got a chance to drive it. He said it was probably his last year racing as he couldn't justify the cost of a new suit etc as his was due to be time-lapsed - although he said he'd be invited to Goodwood..... I told him to call me and I'd send him my suit!