View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2017, 19:41 (Ref:3754853)   #200
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The current format isn't sustainable no, but I don't particularly enjoy Bahrain, Shanghai or COTA. I don't even like Fuji - Suzuka is better (doesn't solve the logistics obviously). Mexico City is cool, but that's having problems with or without manufacturers.

The US has got its own series and hasn't really gotten into WEC. I'd love Sebring or something but that's not happening. So if this resulted in some overseas races being dropped I wouldn't be that fussed. But that's my personal preference. Factory GTE? Kinda cool, but I also love GTD and GT3, and that's without factories. So that wouldn't upset me either.

I see why people wouldn't agree with this, but to me the alternative still seems pretty cool.
I don't want to see GT3's, they're popular everywhere else, but I don't think the WEC needs them. Maybe souped up GT3's as GTE I can see. As for Suzuka, it's owned by Honda. When they enter the wec, maybe we can enjoy that track with these cars. But for now it's Toyota owned Fuji. It's not the best layout but always puts on great races. Suzuka is a nice track, but the races there aren't filled with action. It's a tough track to pass on but maybe LMP's and GTE's could change that with the traffic. Super GT races are pretty decent there.