View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2016, 12:07 (Ref:3690190)   #123
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everyone knows how streaming works mate.

we all do it regardless of age. I do it for some things and do it dodgily for film and tv.

But it is a big stretch to try and convince the older generation to pay to watch things on a device other than tv. I work with two guys in their 60's who watch most football and new films and tv on chipped digiboxes so they know what it's all about.

It's a bit like newspapers, for the older generation reading a paper is something tangible, like buying a CD. There is always going to be a generational gap for these new technologies. But offer them a way to watch it for nothing and they will quickly learn.

I have only downloaded music once in my life, I hate it, and as a result have stopped listening to as much music as I once did, no record shop in town, and I don't listen to radio as much.

TV wise I stream everything, I don't own a tv, so it's the only way I can watch.

But for some, paying someone to host a website seems expensive when we are conditioned to paying for SKY or BBC services which seem to offer more but in reality don't.

Plus when you add it into those costs it starts to look expensive on top of broadband, tv subs line rental etc.

Streaming for me is an alternative not a replacement for tv.