View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2004, 17:03 (Ref:1112583)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
SWS was disapointment of the year for me, but through no fault of his own. His early season drives throwing around a clearly less than great Proton for all his worth were a joy to watch. His ability to keep his right foot planted and recover from seemlying impossible angles reminded me of Patrick Watts. With the reverse grids I thought he had a real chance of finishing 9th or 10th in race one and holding on to take a podium in race 2. Had a good shot at that a few times, notably Brands, but always seemed to luck out. By the latter half of the season the lack of development was showing and he never came close to a good result.

I've always been a supporter of the plucky amateur. The sort of person who knows thet are never going to be a superstar but do it just for the sheer enjoyment. The sort of people we used to get in Production a lot. Definately put John George, Richard Marsh and Jason Hughes in that category, although with varying degrees of ability.

Hairuman on the other hand was just too far out of his depth. He could have done with a season or two in Clios to learn some racecraft, although I suspect even there he would have struggled.

Perhaps not worst team but we have to mention Team Shortterm. Don't get me wrong I like GA, but what was is, seven different drivers over the season. If ever anyone asks about how easy or otherwise it is to get sponsorship, here's your answer.