View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3633010)   #23
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysocks View Post
Mercedes confirms that the transmission failure was not related to the Bottas/Hamilton crash. They don't reveal the cause.

"Mercedes also revealed that the damage to the gearbox was not the result of his accident with Valtteri Bottas at Turn 1....

....Pressed as to what did cause the damage, he said: “It doesn’t really matter.”"

http://planetf1.com/news/hamilton-pe...n-the-goonies/
I don't know where this website found it's information from, but it is the only outlet that is carrying it that I can find, which makes me somewhat cynical.

Furthermore, they also contradict their reporting, because a couple of paragraphs earlier, they say:

Quote:
"The Brackley squad revealed that it had been damaged during the Bahrain race and cited China as the “best place” to take the hit “rather than carry any risk moving forward.”
And in all the other reports, the damage is attributed to the collision caused by Bottas.