View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3089541)   #23
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Road America can fill that August slot on the calendar, partnering with the ALMS.
Doesn't sound like it.

Quote:
Road America president George Bruggenthies said he hasn't talked to IndyCar CEO Randy Bernard about the Elkhart Lake track being a backup if the series doesn't compete in China in August.

Bernard told the Indianapolis Star on Sunday China isn't "100%," and he's got a backup plan for the race scheduled Aug. 19 on the streets of Qingdao. Bernard said a decision had to be made soon about the race.

"I haven't heard from Randy and I can tell you that my American LeMans Series and Corvette World Tribute weekend is solid," Bruggenthies said Sunday, referring to the Aug. 16-19. "I really can't change anything there."

When IndyCar and Road America did talk about a race for 2012, that was the weekend on which Bruggenthies had focused so that it could be a ALMS-IndyCar doubleheader weekend.

But Bernard said in the days leading up to the Indianapolis 500 he had backed off on Road America in deference to Michael Andretti and his promotion of the June 12 race at the Milwaukee Mile, an event seen as "fragile."

Bruggenthies was quick to point out he'd be open to discussion about bringing the series to the permanent road course at some juncture this season.

"Our schedule is full that weekend; I have contracts and couldn't change anything," Bruggenthies said. "I haven't been asked to seriously look at. I would certainly take a look to see what I might be able to do.

"I don't know that I couldn't do something. I doubt for that weekend unless it was an abbreviated appearance. I don't know if Road America is (Bernard's) backup plan. Maybe he'll call me Monday and ask me – and then I'd have to take a seriously look." JSOnline.com