Thread: Kia Is Coming??
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2017, 02:39 (Ref:3702460)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Why would Kia, or anyone else for that matter, enter the series if they have no chance of winning?

They'd only have to look at how AMG, Volvo and Nissan have done to see what's in store for them.

Unless they could align to 888 or DJR-Penske, there would really be no point to it at all.
prodrive may be an interesting choice though.

If you accept a front line engine program costs something like $400k a year, maybe more with heavier development, and you have 4 cars, and someone shows up with money to develop new engines, supplied effectively free, the money now not used on the engine program can go back to the chassis program, engineering resource & perhaps driver choice...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House