View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2003, 22:46 (Ref:786597)   #21
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like the driveshaft one very much, thats great!

and the water slash brakes bit, didn't that involve something in the rules about being able to top up fluids before inspection?

another NASCAR one I heard once (good lord, I'm starting to sound like an oval only fan) told in an interview by a driver telling of another driver being caught in the night fiddling with the front of his car, and someone finally figuring out that he was moving the headlight assembly forward so as to get a bit better frontal air penetration. I imagine the cars had to conform to stock dimensions, including how far set back the headlights were, and he was scooting them all forward to reduce the airdam effect of them set back. I don't do justice to the telling of the story, but in part, the guy being caught crouching beside his car with a screwdriver or whatever in his hand made the story work.