Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3751529)   #5343
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
This was a solid rant. Well done. Would read again and I agree.

Off topic from the paint job, does anyone else expect a Ferrari/bmw fight for the gtlm championship this year? Think about it: it's all bop nonsense, two years ago Porsche won, last year we got the Ford/Chevy battle, now it's Ferrari/bmw's turn. Then next year or the year after, whichever has a greater significance to the historic lemans battles, we'll get a Ford/Ferrari fight. One way or another, each make will get their turn in the spotlight over a four year or so span.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The way this season has gone I can see why the prototype teams have time to think about 2018. DPI/LMP2 only have 3 races left. LMPC is down to just 2 races. The GT classes have 5 left. They are the busy ones. But that's a good thing now that GTs will really take mantle and grab most of the attention in the last part of this season. DPI will take a slight back seat for the rest of 2017 before the big Penske Acura debut at the Daytona tests/Roar.

Its hard to believe that BMW is in for a shot at the season GTLM title. That #25 car has turned the corner big time. Sims is fantastic (he did win the Spa 24 last year in a BMW) and Auberlen still has it.

I think there must have been a BoP adjustment that really hurt Mercedes. The #33 car has slid down the grid lately. The consistent Scuderia Corse Ferrari is in the season title lead now without having won a race. But they have placed 2nd-4th just about everywhere.
Hmm.... My post above was from before Daytona... Ferrari was fast but unlucky before leaving. But looks like this was those two make's year.

Even so, I'm enjoying the racing this year and not letting cynicism spoil some great racing.