Thread: Zak Brown
View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3792470)   #27
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Getting a title sponsor!

Zak's area of expertise and promise made on taking the role.
Agreed, I though this was his priority when he got the role. Then when he doesn't get one, he makes out they don't need one. He failed in his primary objective and spun it.

He was obviously a good salesman in his prior role and is a car fan. Not sure this makes him right to run McLaren though. I'd prefer to see some positive outcomes before seeking every opportunity to get into the media. I just don't like the constant Zak Brown media saturation and nothing to back if up. I can't trust what he says until he actually does something.

The latest one now is McLaren will undergo the biggest appearance change of anyone this year. Sounds like 2017 with all the orange talk and there appeared a black McLaren with dull orange bits. Hardly the harking back to Bruce's days we were led to believe. Browns a salesman so wired to exaggerate and talk everything up. I prefer to see actual outcomes and results. He'd be better to button it for a while, see how the new McLaren goes (you'd expect an improvement with Honda gone and SVD with a season under his belt). Then he can start with the guff if it's aimed at sponsors, with something to back it up rather than spin and hyperbole.

Anytime he comes on just now, it's make a cup of tea time. My tea intake has gone way up this year....