Thread: modsports
View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2168141)   #41
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'Modsports' back in the day was predominantly MG Midgets. They sounded great and were fantastic to drive... when they were going. But they did require a heck of a lot of effort to prepare and run. I speak from experience of having raced one back then and most of my contemporaries suffered similar heartache.

On the safety perspective, I was looking at some photos of my old Modsports MG Midget just now and what passed as adequate back then would be totally unacceptable today... meaning that anyone considering resurrecting one of these cars out would probably be better building one from scratch. GBP6K didn't touch the sides back then and certainly wouldn't today.

It would be fabulous to see them back out again, but realistically I don't think its gonna happen.