Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Interesting viewpoint Falc, but can I suggest
1. the event ran its natural course, what nearly 20 years, and lost its value to WA - it had saturated its market from an advertising & promotion point of view. It was never covered extensively on the East Coast of Australia.

2. I reject your suggestion that in terms of return on investment it is being compared with events that promote eastern Australia. Your point of view appears also to held by VESA, who sought to compare it with the WRC.

3. The air race is clearly aimed at international exposure not the east coast of Australia. (I am not sure how you compare the cost of the air race versus the V8s.

4. Your suggestion the WA government 'sabotaged' the WRC - how do you work that out - was it not the attempt of Ron Walker & his bandidos from Victoria to steal the event who forced a reappraisal of what the event did for WA? It had run its course.

The agenda in WA should not be assumed to be that of other states. Note: the State Government has judged committed taxpayers money to a multi use football ground.
1. Yes, certainly true.
2. Infrastructure costs are infrastructure costs. The dollars to build an event do not respect who comes to watch.
3. Yes it is, but that does not mean it does not have any domestic pull. Points in favour of the Air Race, it can pull International and East Coast. I compare the costs because at government level I am sure they do not care which sport they choose to promote.
4. Rally Oz was moved away from Langley Park to a smaller, less accessable venue, tried to get out of the contract a year early, then according to rumour was informing other states it was a bad idea to take it up.