View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3158563)   #2720
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to http://www.dysonracing.com/company/n...p?news_id=1223 the Flybrid system mainly helps in traffic.
Quote:
This was the second race for the Flybrid KERS Hybrid system on the #16 car. “We made good strides with the system this week and will continue to work with it over the winter,” said Smith. “Its little bursts help when you are trying to work your way through the slower cars.” This was the first time Steven Kane has driven a car with a hybrid system. “My main focus this weekend was doing the best job I could for Chris and Guy and help them in their fight for the championship,” he said. “So my main battle was getting through traffic cleanly and the KERS helped make that a more confident exercise.”
The Flybrid system is less powerful (100 kW) than the system from Audi (150 kW) and Toyota (220 kW).