View Single Post
Old 30 May 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3825712)   #19
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I haven't got access to the ST race entry fee info, but big increases are affecting all of us, whatever we race....

I’m also wondering if the meeting counts towards the ST championship? If not, that could have an impact on numbers.
The Thruxton rounds were a scheduled to count towards the championship. I don't know how much the Thruxton races were to enter; however, for Brands Hatch the fee is £510 for two 20 minute races and a 20 minute practice session. This is the same fee as the Derek Bell Trophy (who have the same amount of track time) and is, on a pro rata basis, consistent with the Historic FF1600 and 1000cc F3 races (who have a shorter qualifying).

However, the entry fees for the Donington Historic Festival and Silverstone Classic are at the higher end of the scale.

I do wonder if the season is condensed in to two short a timescale in that the opening rounds were at Donington at the start of this month, Thruxton was due at the start of June, Brands Hatch is at the end of June, the Classic at the end of July, Knockhill at the start of August and then the season finishes at Oulton at the Gold Cup. As mentioned some of these meetings do incur big entry fees and there is a fair amount of travelling involved. Perhaps a more event spread of events over 'normal' HSCC events may help build the championship.