View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3686264)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very well said Richard.

I'll echo others sentiments in that we shouldn't desperately hold on to something for the only reason that it is what we've become accustom to or comfortable with if we find no more joy in it. I've done so with many forms of motor racing and find being more interested in "cars" is more enjoyable these days, especially historics racing.

To give a personal example:
I am naturally very athletic and grew up playing many sports but chose to excel at soccer. At one point, I was one of the best of my age class in my national region. I accomplished many goals most people don't reach in the game and sports in general. However, at age 20, after 3 years playing college soccer, I no longer had passion or joy for it, so I walked away with no regrets.

I've played off and on since and have been able to find more enjoyment playing for fun and passing on my knowledge to my sons. Much like many things we love, perhaps it's best to let this one go for bit and see if it comes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Like some of the other guys said, I'd look into attending some other forms of racing in person just to get out of the rut. I'm planning on going to the Gatornationals the day after Sebring next year. I've never been to a drag race other than local amateur stuff a long time ago and I don't follow NHRA at all but I bet it will be a blast.
I won 2 tickets on the radio this spring to the Southern Nationals at the Atlanta Dragway. I took the family and so it was all of our first times. I am hooked! There's not a whole lot that's cooler than 2 Nitro Funny Cars blowing past you, full throttle at 300+ MPH. It's pretty incredible and make sure you get into the paddock area. Just watch the Nitro fumes. I forgot