View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3290909)   #110
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I have decided to revise some of my tracks so here are a few and some new ones, all in basic sketch up right now.
Three tracks are road race tracks and the two shorter ones are kart tracks. The names simply denote the regions I was thinking of when I drew them. The numbers refer to their length so its easy to follow.
Track two (China 1206) is a CIK kart track of 1206m. Track four is a 878m club kart track designed for a tight restrictive space so it folds back on itself to maximise length in the given space.
The other three are road race circuits two of which have a length of over three miles. Track three is shorter, more a national circuit than an international one.
You have got some pretty interesting color schemes going on there. They kind of remind me of the advertising stickers depicting the tracks which my uncle brought home in the 70s when he went to motor races. These have been my initial inspiration to draw my own circuit designs back in the early 90s.

Now that 2nd track in the first column should be even better when run clockwise.
The others, though, could use some more natural shapes for the straights: the old Hockenheim's straights aren't all that straight either. The way you have drawn them here is the way they would look in some ancient video game from the 80s: a simplification of things. I don't know if you wanted to achieve that look. If so, it worked quite well.