View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3816510)   #123
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Ken living the life we all would if we had made made millions from nothing and age 35 discovered rallying - through being a sponsor no less. He doesn't claim to be a future WRC champ or anything special. He just loves being in rally.

He may not bring huge crowds to the WRC but in the US when he and Travis compete it causes huge issues for organizers because they cannot cope with the huge crowds who show up to see them. Will happen this weekend in Oregon. Rally will always be invisible in the US but with Ken bringing crowds it makes us hobbyists feel good!

I spent a couple days training with Alex and Rhianon and you can just feel the enthusiasm Ken has for rally. He knows his natural limitations and works really hard to overcome them. He wants to be the best that he can be. I love the fact that instead of bringing an R5 to the US and being accused of 'buying wins' he is bringing an iconic car that most rally fans in the US have never seen in the flesh. He knows he is going to get his butt kicked by a lot of car/driver combos but he is doing it anyone because he is a fan first. I think this is shown by his wife Lucy also competing and in a humble R2 machine not a kick ass car that she can most definitely afford. The Block's are good people in my book.

On a tangent I am interested to see how Atkinson does this weekend vs Higgins in equal machinery. David is a phenomenal driver and great person but rarely gets beaten unless he has a non driving issue. Is Atko the man to beat him head to head?

Mark