View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3815711)   #110
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
I think I enjoyed this race more than any race that I did not attend. Came in a little late after the start and got the TV coverage going and IMSA TV at the same time on the computer. I chose the BMW camera and was watching after the restart and there was no one on the track in front of him. Very weird. Figured I must be watching a replay of qualifying and checked T&S and saw that he was in first place in GTLM and the protos were already gone and out of sight.

I could see on TV that the race was live but that empty track looked funny. Suddenly, I saw a Porsche sticking its nose in and then it passed the BMW. On TV, I could see a Corvette and Ford GT on its heels. Suddenly, there was a Corvette, a Ford and another car all trying to pass and then bam, the BMW went into the wall and its race was over. BMW then switched to the in-car as the driver arrived into the pits and sat there in shock and dejected shaking his head.

Felt like I was in the car for that whole experience. Did a couple more syncs like that watching the TV and then switching to a car camera that was involved in the shots on the TV. Great coverage!