View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2018, 12:23 (Ref:3815717)   #111
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I think I enjoyed this race more than any race that I did not attend. Came in a little late after the start and got the TV coverage going and IMSA TV at the same time on the computer. I chose the BMW camera and was watching after the restart and there was no one on the track in front of him. Very weird. Figured I must be watching a replay of qualifying and checked T&S and saw that he was in first place in GTLM and the protos were already gone and out of sight.

I could see on TV that the race was live but that empty track looked funny. Suddenly, I saw a Porsche sticking its nose in and then it passed the BMW. On TV, I could see a Corvette and Ford GT on its heels. Suddenly, there was a Corvette, a Ford and another car all trying to pass and then bam, the BMW went into the wall and its race was over. BMW then switched to the in-car as the driver arrived into the pits and sat there in shock and dejected shaking his head.

Felt like I was in the car for that whole experience. Did a couple more syncs like that watching the TV and then switching to a car camera that was involved in the shots on the TV. Great coverage!
The streaming channel of the on boards is great. Saved us from the horrible FOX coverage when they had commercials, interviews, and tire tip segments too. Especially if you a fan of the GTLM fan first and foremost like me. I usually like to pick the in car of the 2nd or 3rd place car in the race. So I found myself on the Ford channel a lot in the case of Long Beach.