View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2013, 03:22 (Ref:3218673)   #3
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
From the 2013 calendars:
Kansas
Indianapolis
Barber

That gets it down to 14, after you've eliminated the 5 redundant events. I feel like I'm cutting bone to go further, and I really don't care that this total is still more than 12 rounds.

The three temporary courses cover key areas that are otherwise unserved: Mid Atlantic, Detroit, and Southern California.

Personally, I don't see much point in only putting on a partial show at a circuit (i.e. not having all the classes there), nor would I see nearly the same value in going to such an event.

Split races offer some critical challenges as well. Do you have the track time to do full-length races? Also, would the GT race even get a broadcast? Would the Continental Tire Series have to forfeit broadcasts to provide a slot for the separte GT races to be shown?

P.S. BTW, New Jersey was already dropped for this season, and neither series is scheduled to be at Houston this year. So, I'm not sure why they're being included in the poll. You also left Kansas off the list, and that IS a venue on the 2013 calendar.

Last edited by Purist; 15 Mar 2013 at 03:37.