View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2011, 06:04 (Ref:2815089)   #13
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post

I dont believe there are any issues at all with transport to the location. The princess highway runs right past it for heavy vehicle access.
You have just illustrated you know nothing about heavy transport. If it ever became a circuit that was capable of running top of the line meetings how do all the Melbourne teams get there? Via Picton Road or Clyde Mountain, end of story. Clyde mountain has issues like ice in winter etc while Picton Road adds hundreds of K's to the trip. Of course they could come up the coast but no one runs B doubles down the Princes Highway unless forced to and I believe it has a truck length limit, only short B doubles and I am not sure if they are allowed south of Nowra, this was the case at any rate. It only takes one smash and you are stuck for hours in a truck as there is no alternative. Have you asked yourself why they are building MR92 to such a high standard? I have been driving up and down that road in trucks for over 30 years and there is nothing you can tell me about it.

Whether the area would support a track is uncertain. The demographic of the area is of people who are quite old, it is a retirement area with a large elderly population. not exactly what you want to support a race track. Like all country towns the young have to move out to further their education and careers and rarely move back. The speedway that is there is not exactly booked out every week and in local terms gets good advertising coverage right back to Wollongong.

I really do hope it goes ahead as it is another track in NSW and god knows we need that, it is also closer to me and I am all for that. I just think it is another pipe dream that gets floated around, who starts this stuff? do they really do their homework before floating these ideas? I wouldn't like to bet my superannuation on it ever getting built. It reminds me of the replacement for OP, when I heard about that I nearly fell over laughing as it was never going to get built though others told me I did not know what I was taking about. Seems I did.