View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3750987)   #1001
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whilst still advocating a cockpit canopy, I'll admit on first sight that doesn't look too bad.

I could even foresee a tear off over frontal section that a driver could reach... wouldn't want to pick up someone else's in a brake duct or side pod though.

It's hard to see how quickly it drops from the front highpoint down to the headrest height. It could offer some protection from horizontal debris coming from off centre too.

I do still have reservations however regarding anything that is coming from above the horizontal, it would only been to be a few degrees above to miss the screen and hit the helmet.

As an aside to safety, it'll be interesting to see how long the team can run it on the car, it looks like it cold push air over the airbox and so seriously hamper cooling.