View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2003, 14:33 (Ref:546422)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I saw the first leg at Lydden and I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the driving standards of the stock rod drivers at that event. It seems that contact is seen as acceptable (and even necessary) whereas I was under the impression that it was supposed to be non-contact (I realise that contact is often unavoidable but it seemed that at times no effort was being made to avoid contact occuring).

Not only is it poor from a sporting point of view but I would imagine that several of the stock hatch drivers have suffered damage that will be expensive to repair and this is supposed to be the 'budget' end of the sport.

Whilst the stock rod vs stock hatch thing may seem like a good idea on paper I'm not sure it works on track where there appear to be very differing views on what is acceptable.