View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2016, 08:04 (Ref:3698063)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think it will happen but I would love the Autosport show to move. As many will know, I detest that event, the fortune it costs for people to exhibit there, the insane parking fees, the outright theft of the ticket price. The lack of mix between disciplines meaning there is no cross fertilisation of sports.

I would be happy to see what would happen if that franchise moved to London and tacked on a historic show. You would lose the insane parking fees for the public, but exhibitors would gain a congtestion charge and probably a London emissions charge aswell.

The first few RR shows were a revelation for me, like the NEC used to be, vibrant, enthusiastic, full of interesting ideas.

AS with most things, someone buys into it for a couple of years contract, realises it's a money loser and moves on. Shame as the venue is great, perfect really. And they have some good ideas still. But you can almost already guess where the stalls will be and that is a sad aspect of the show, it has lost that mix of amateur sellers and professional outlets.

And they used to get some big names in there too