View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1846497)   #18
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Nascar fan base has actually welcomed Montoya to Nascar. He is an excellent driver and will only make Nascar more interesting to watch. There will always be some fans that will be against his entry, hell, there are some fans that hate Dale Jr and many fans don't like Jeff Gordon.

Same with Toyota. All in all I believe the fans are happy to see another manufacturer in Nascar. I wouldn't read too much into what Jack Roush is saying. He is always posturing himself for any advantage he can get. The roots of nascar will always be there. The entry of Montoya or Toyota do not change that. The sport is growing and is the biggest sport in the U.S., next to the NFL. I don't think there is any doubt that the goal is to make Nascar interesting to other Countries. If you watched the race at Daytona on Sunday you will understand why it is popular. You just will not see many races trhat are as exciting at the finish as it was.