Thread: LM24 Book recommendations
View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3791007)   #6
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Every year my commanding officer buys me a great Motor-Racing book for Christmas. This year she excelled herself and bought me three:
How to build a car by Adrian Newey was the first that I read and found it both interesting and entertaining. (Although I'd never met the guy I always assumed he was a bit stuffy & serious, now I know that's not the case). Plus, the more I hear about life at Williams F1, the less fun that all sounds!
The second was The Mechanic, the secret world of the F1 pitlane by Marc 'Elvis' Priestley. Marc was a McLaren mechanic and it's a very interesting to learn some of the behind the scenes information about things that happened such as 'spygate' and so on.
I've now just started the third, Life to the Limit - my autobiography by Jenson Button. I've only just started this one, but it is written in a very entertaining style almost as if JB is sitting next to you telling the stories.
When I've finished these I have my own Christmas present to myself to read, The Last Train to Cockfosters, which is a five volume set written about his life and motorsport by British Legend Dave Brodie. I've read extracts from this on his website and typically it's not as polished as the others I've mentioned (according to the notes on the bookmark, this was intended by the author) but id does seem to be full of very interesting and typically outrageous stories which I am looking forward to reading.