View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2016, 02:26 (Ref:3606077)   #56
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Ask an engineer to design a mousetrap and it would cost thousands.
Its all just personal opinion here, but I can't help to be irritated by what you are saying. We tend to just pretend that racing is only about drivers in race cars and that somehow those race cars (particularly the good ones) just appeared as if they were manna from heaven without being touched by us unworthy humans. Call them by whatever name you (or they) choose... Designers, Aerodynamicist, Engineers, etc. It's quite a wide brush to paint all of these creative people in the same negative way. I know you are talking about "race car engineers", but there is no reason that industry is different than any other. While I know some who operate as you say, most look for the simple and elegant solutions. And the world is full of those examples. Including some (most?) race cars. Lastly... these horrible "Engineers" are generally doing what someone else has told them to do. Sorry for the soap box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Committees , horse, camel come to mind, dictatorship gets faster results
Yes. THAT is the problem. I can only imagine how things run in the strategy group meetings. Probably about as efficiently as trying to get people on this forum to agree on anything.

Richard