Thread: 2018 TCR UK
View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2017, 02:21 (Ref:3766424)   #170
jakew7498
Rookie

jakew7498 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
I hated those boxy 'side skirts' on the BTC cars, the same way I hate the boxy archs and skirts on the NGTC cars, they make the cars look like wallowy hovercrafts.

The super tourers and S2000 cars looked much more agile without all the extra fibreglass bolted to the side. I get that they're to save the shell from damage but I think it's gone too far and bred the culture of excess contact we now have in the BTCC, give the drivers bumper cars and they'll bump them!

Of all the modern touring cars I think TCR cars have some of the best aero designs (that's got to be thanks to the amount of manufacturer input steering the styling). Sure there's some exceptions (the Alfa Romeo's square wheel wells for example) but overall, they look great!
I'd say it's more a case of the road cars looking good and the regulations don't change much. Had a similar discussion on GTPlanet a few weeks/months ago and can't find and ugly one of the lot. Walking up my street and seeing the road cars in person with a Leon, Golf, even saw a Giulietta Saturday. They all look nice road cars so it's pretty difficult to butcher those.