View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3630275)   #27
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
chillibowl, I have to take issue with you because I cannot for one minute believe what you are saying is true. Firstly, I don't believe that Todt was in Australia, and I don't believe for one minute that the FIA medical team had cleared him to race in Bahrain before he left Melbourne. If that was the case, why did they insist that he underwent a further scan on the day prior to free practice; doesn't make sense, and if it doesn't make sense, then it can't be true.

We don't know what the McLaren medical team, whoever or whatever they are, actually advised, but what we do know is that Alonso's personal physician is his sister who also travelled to Bahrain with him. I am not aware that she made any statements after the FIA team had stopped him from participating.

I can only repeat that immediately after the FIA's medical team had declared him unfit to resume active duties, Alonso made a public statement directly to the media that he fully understood the reasoning behind the doctor's decision; doesn't mean, of course, that he was happy with it but he understood it. I don't believe for one second that there was any misunderstanding between Alonso and the medics.