Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BOSS GP Series 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
Best of luck in your new role Christian
Thanks Peter, thanks Remi, thanks Ian!

@ascarracinguk
We also hope that we can come this year to GB for a BOSS GP* race, but what can I say at the moment, to organise a race there was in the last EuroBOSS years always (curiously enough) the biggest problem of all races we had to plan!

...beside the enormous costs for a GB race you have 2010 one big problem more, because every organiser who plans a race at Donington is very careful with 'guest' series in a time where they not know whether the planned event with his own series will take place there. With this problem you nearly lost one more circuit from a very small list with possible BOSS FIA Grade 2 circuits. That means you have for a BOSS race only Brands Hatch Indy/GP or Silverstone (Snetterton is FIA Grade 3, Rockingham no chance because of noise restrictions, Anglesey not really a favourite circuit for these cars, etc.), then you must find a possible event at these circuits (only events with 'international' status, no noise problems, etc.) and all this together in a good conjunction with the other (mostly already confirmed) dates! You see, it sounds much easier than it is... but we will give our best!

@Thundersports
How can you activate all these "sleeping" British and Irish BOSS drivers? What they want or for what they wait? It would be very interesting for me to hear from these to, because I think most of them would love to come out again with their BOSS cars.

The crazy situation in EuroBOSS was, Roger and I we worked every year very hard to organise a UK race (also to "wake up" these drivers), but at the end who came, the regular drivers from continental Europe plus the 4-5 UK regulars plus 1-3 UK 'guests' (Keen, Greensall, McLurg) > most of the non-UK races had better grids.

I would also love to have two/three UK BOSS GP races every year with big grids and with as much as possible drivers from the good old BOSS days! One of my biggest wishes since years..., but this is also not so easy as it sounds.

Christian
race co-ordinator BOSS GP

(*name subject FIA approval)