View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3017003)   #40
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lots of interesting points raised here.

Jurby - yes, Diz is right. There was at least one BARC meeting there in the 1990s.

Other circuits no longer used - could be a very long list. I will add Birmingham and the Mallory Park oval to the list (but not offer any suggestions as to the lap record).

John Farrell's Anglesey national record - if we allow that as a record, don't we need to check every other race in which a FF1600-spec car might have competed, as well as FF1600 only races? Take it off the list, Josh!

Circuit revisions - I really think this should only apply to the physical layout of the circuit itself - not resurfacing, not rekerbing. Meaningless otherwise.

Croix - I am sure that there will have been BRSCC 'contemporary' FF1600 races there in the late 1990s/early 2000s, so the lap record is probably with them. Maybe Colin Mann would have the information.

Cadwell - didn't spot Peter Dempsey's lap record on the list of Cadwell Park lap records. Perhaps SMART didn't time that meeting.