View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2023, 09:58 (Ref:4143243)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Wondering - just idly , you understand , what possible motivation some representatives might have had for voting for this absurd man ?
Who knows - but the people you are referring to include the following from the UK - who gave a public account of why they voted for this 'absurd man':

David Richards, Chair of Motorsport UK
Ben Sussons, Chair of the Royal Automobile Club

"David Richards, commented, “As the FIA’s officially recognised representative for motorsport in the United Kingdom, I can confirm that Motorsport UK is supporting Mohammed ben Sulayem and his FIA for Members bid for the Presidency of our governing body, the FIA.”
“Over the last few months, we’ve undertaken an extensive period of consultation with our members, in order to properly assess the manifestos of both candidates. We then hosted both teams at the Royal Automobile Club in London where we filmed proceedings so that all our members could see the debate and discussion. We had a lively session of questioning with both teams but were then requested by Graham Stoker not to release the recording of the FIA for All session to anyone.”
“In our view this refusal created a lack of transparency in the process which gave our Board considerable cause for concern, but this was not the only reason for our ultimate decision.”
“Our decision to support FIA for Members and Mohammed ben Sulayem is formed on the belief that motorsport is going through a period of significant challenge and change. This requires dynamic and imaginative leadership that looks to the future and is prepared to be transparent and accountable to its members, embracing the democratic processes one expects to see in a modern sport governing body.”"