View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2644314)   #67
MG Rover Sport
Veteran

England
MG Rover Sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM View Post
The C84RBD rebuild picture has stumped me, as far as i know the car is still yellow in hillclimb bodywork. Can you send the link to the 2008 article?

This could turn into what happened to the real C84RBD. I have got pictures of it when it came to norway originally, some rothmans paint still on it and i found the old colours under the paint when i restored it, but whether it's the "real one" who knows. How many C84RBD's might there have been and who is the current registered owner?
Through the powers of Google translating tools - OK I appreciate they are not fantastic, but it should be enough to get the jist - I reckon the paragraph of Norwegian text translates to something along the lines of...

It is not the only Group B vehicle that is in Bærum, they also bought an MG Metro 6R4 from Jan Arthur Iversen, better known as "Glomma Papp" in Rallycross environment. This is now composed of the original Rally finish and only a few details gjesnstår before the car is ready for Bjørklunds small museum, where there already is an NSU TT, which was run by Jan Bjorklund Hroar.

Thinking about it now, I think it is my mistake! I have added 2 and 2 and ended up with 5! Sorry about that.

Reading it again it states that the car was bought from Jan Arthur Iversen. Knowing that he acquired C84 RBD from Tore Bratlie in 1991, and seeing the car in the photos being rebuilt in fresh Rothmans livery I jumped to the conclusion that it was indeed C84 RBD. Sorry - me bad!

My reckoning is that the car in the photos being rebuilt in Rothmans livery is in fact Jan Arthur Iversen's own Glomma Papp sponsored rallycross, ice-racing and hillclimb car.

Sorry all - I have fallen for the oldest trick in the 'researchers' book - I have jumped to a conclusion!